skip to main
|
skip to sidebar
Sunday, June 20, 2010
4 fav memories from the dads in my life
1- My grandpa Farnes- there is not a better example of love than this man
has. It oozes out of him. My favorite memory of him was when my grandma was I a wheelchair and wed go shopping. Id sit on her lap and he'd race us down the aisles-He also made me and
my sisters whatever we wanted to eat for breakfast- to this day nobody makes mac n cheese like he does. I will also always remember him getting glow sticks and our whole family wearing them into the ocean for a family reunion- one of my favorite childhood memories. I loved going to see my grandpa. and I still do. He has a neck brace- and he always wears this shirt that says I do all my own stunts- so funny!
2-Mr Joel Johnson- a certain time right after Id moved here we were in the car with him and we passed shoppers drug mart by chinook center he tells me and brandon one day your going to have barfing kids and this shoppers is open 24 hours a day and you can go buy....Debbie stops him and is like don't go there joel... don't go there...gravol but the other kind......oh man I have never laughed harder in a car- well maybe one other time that also involve
d joel in the car. Joel is like the bright spot in everyones lives. He lives l
ife every day And thats what I love about him. His total philosophy on life.
How did I get so lucky to have someone like him in my life. I love teasing him about how he always misses his flights - how the bathroom is a great place for readi
ng time-how his love for bmw is soo funny to me- Sometimes I think they just look like regular cars.
I get in trouble for this. And car and driver articles circled for me to read.
I love playing board games with him
"not that were a competitive family"
He's just a highlight in my life and Im better having known him.
3- My Daddy- Oh where do I start with my dad. When you think of snuffleupagus on Sesame street thats kind've my dad. the guy who can build and fix anything the guy who got me out of bed every saturday to mow the lawn- something I hated but now see the value of. My dad is super smart and super kind. I can count on one hand the times I've seen him angry. Hes a quiet teacher with the patience of job and the heart of a lion. My favorite memory of my dad is playing outside in the summers. Playing Monster -Him throwing us in the pool- and when he brought home this industrial lining from work and put it on our hill in or yard. We had a giant slip n slide and I still remember thinking it was the coolest thing ever. Helping me on my math homework something I hated -but Loved spending time with
him. I loved going to country boy dairy and sharing banana splits.
4- Brandon- wow what an amazing dad he is. I knew even when we were dating how wonderful he would be. He's great with kids and little kids love him back. He has a way of knowing what's fun to them and immersing himself in activity with them. I love watching him play with the boys-chase them take them on bike rides-knowing when I need a break and taking them to the park or outside- and I also love the more quiet times where I see him tender with coco making her laugh or cuddling one of the boys to sleep. I love that he makes me a better mother. I think he has an eternal perspective towards life that sometimes I forget. And I love him for being that way. Happy Fathers day to you all. I wouldn't be who I am without you.
1 comment:
Keshia
said...
so sweet! I loved these stories!
June 23, 2010 at 9:55 PM
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi we're the johnsons lovely to meet you
We blog about living life minute by minute.
Finding joy in little things..
we parent 3 kids under 3
twin boys and a girl
we have a son on the
autism spectrum who we are
working on recovery with
we blog
we love to travel
we are best friends
we are optimists
we are members of the
church of jesus christ of
latterday saints
we are christians
we love being lds
we currently hate thomas the train
bree makes hair stuff on etsy
bree takes pictures
bree is an american
bree loves dresses and high heels
bree reinvents old furniture
bree plans parties
brandon is a canadian
brandon is a tech genius
brandon likes maps
Brandon wears polos
brandon works in downtown calgary
Brandon likes cadbury mini eggs
thats kindve us
Ideas Thoughts Stories and Inspiration
Adventures
(25)
Antiques
(9)
BYUI
(15)
Baby Johnson
(15)
Baking
(5)
Brandon
(15)
Brandon Posts
(8)
Breeness
(35)
Canada
(7)
Chloe
(29)
Decorating
(3)
Events
(50)
Fab Finds
(33)
Fashion
(6)
Floral Arrangements
(15)
Goals
(18)
Greyson
(88)
Happiness
(43)
Harrison
(91)
Holiday
(30)
Inspiration
(2)
Interior Design
(22)
Love and Joy
(15)
MOD
(8)
Makes us laugh
(7)
Music
(6)
My Brandon
(27)
My Family
(38)
Projects
(32)
Randomness
(5)
Spiritual Insights
(16)
The epistles of brandon and Bree
(3)
The little Things
(7)
Treasures
(21)
Twins
(35)
Vacations
(18)
Vintage
(8)
Wedding
(3)
autism
(4)
autism diagnosis
(2)
autism hope
(2)
autism miracles
(1)
christmas wreaths square
(1)
drive in movie diy
(1)
holiday urns
(2)
house
(2)
photography
(1)
{fav places for creative inspiration}
The CSI Project
Hostess with the Mostess
Design*Sponge
Better After
The Storque
Blue Lily
Life in the Fun Lane
Tamiz Photography
VR Photography
Laci Davis Photography
Anthroholic
Savour Food
Josh Petersen Photography
Mod Events and Co. Blog
Kimbry Studios
Fav Bloggers
Jen my twin mom Comrad
Home Loving
11 years ago
Berry's
Charlotte Saunders Byington
11 years ago
Kira my dress up buddy
Cameron turns 2
12 years ago
Cristina & Trev
California: Snippits
12 years ago
Allison
Desirae's 8mths!
12 years ago
Susie
Banff
13 years ago
Mamma K
Ode to these two!!
13 years ago
My Sister Acacia she hearts rainbows and unicorns too
13 years ago
Melanie
Time Out For Women
13 years ago
Kristen
Starting Again
13 years ago
Miss V
thevspot2
13 years ago
Cawla the Chefie
carlain spirations
13 years ago
Simone
5 months....
15 years ago
Trish- I love this family!
Swimming lessons fun part II
15 years ago
MY BFFF Keshia
Updates to come... but in the meantime...
15 years ago
Debbie
The Cowboy Temple
16 years ago
Cori My old roomate
Christy the classy
Darling Dorienne
Being Becka.
Sara
cocorose
Some of my fav's on etsy
1 comment:
so sweet! I loved these stories!
Post a Comment